I am a shirtaholic, to start with. That’s why you will find a big number of shirts in my wardrobe. But most of all, I love the white shirt in all its forms.
- Classic, waisted or long or straight
- Modern, with balloon sleeves, or A line or with huge cuffs
- Romantic with a neck-tie or frills on the placket
No need to tell you, I do not have many blouses because when choosing among a nice blouse and a nice shirt, I always go for the shirt. I love shopping online and to my disappointment I realize that more and more e-shops put shirts in the blouse category. Pity!
The white shirt is unique and absolutely, necessary for a woman’s wardrobe.
This is why:
- It upgrades the outfit. Most of the times a business outfit includes a shirt.
- There are a number of designs and fabrics out there, so that you can definitely find which express you most.
- It’s timeless. For all four seasons.
- Easy to wear from morning till night.
- You can wear it with all your other pieces. It goes better with some of course, but whichever way, you will never be out of fashion with a white shirt in your combo.
How to wear it to match your style:
1.The casual look
Wear it with the most comfortable thing you have. A pair of jeans, a culotte, a skirt at any length. If it’s too long try it on with a belt. Or without.
2.The Rock look
Wear it with leather pants or skirts, at any colour.
3.The Tom Boy look
Wear it with a suit, a patterned jacket and a pair of trousers or both of the same colour.
4.The Romantic and Feminine look
Floral, striped dresses or monochrome dresses with straps or romantic skirts in bell or A line. You can tie the shirt at the waist and match it with a maxi or midi skirt. It’s perfect for those hot summer days and nights.
5.The Chic & Vintage look
Wear it with those aethereal high-waisted trousers or pencil skirts. A midi skirt in A line looks timeless when matched with a waisted white dress.
6. The holiday look
Wear it liberally with your bathing suit, your shalwar or your favourite shorts.
Today’s outfit clearly proves the power of the white shirt. A sequin skirt can be turned into a simple, daily outfit without having to be on the waiting list for that special occasion. As for the night cool weather… pair it with a bomber jacket. So?
Comments are welcome!